Unit 2 Games is a well-funded indie developer, founded by passionate and highly-driven industry veterans, and located in Leamington Spa, UK.
We are excited to be building an original, accessible, and collaborative game-making ecosystem, using Unreal Engine 4.
To find out a little more about our vision for this ecosystem, check out our blogs over on Medium.
Our core values help us focus on what’s important within our team, to our players, and about the projects that we work on:
- Create great experiences that players love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio that creates experiences that are as accessible as possible to a wide variety of players and abilities. We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.
We offer above industry-standard benefits, including (but not limited to!):
- Flexible working hours
- Our core hours are 9:30-12:00 and 14:00-16:00, you can work the rest of your contracted hours around these as you choose.
- Relocation allowance & assistance
- Depending on where you are moving from, we are often able to help with removal fees and finding a place to live nearby.
- Interest free loans from the company
- We understand that sometimes life hits you with some unexpected expenses, and we don’t want you getting stressed out over it. We’re able to lend small amounts interest-free to help tide you over.
- Paid overtime
- We don’t do a lot of overtime as a company, but we value your time and don’t want you doing work that you aren’t receiving compensation for.
- Will-writing allowance
- Many people find that wills are one of those things they just keep putting off. We will give you money towards ensuring your will is written so that those you care about are looked after.
- Flexible Parental Leave
- We pay for up to four weeks of time off as paternity leave, and this can usually (with prior agreement) be split up rather than all taken in one chunk.
- Private health cover
- We currently use Vitality as our healthcare provider.
- Standing desks and gym/health club contributions.
- We provide a £40 a month healthy living allowance, which can be used for exercise classes, health club membership, gym equipment or clothing etc., and we happily provide standing desks to those who want them.