Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is a 40 person independent games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to create Crayta - our dream is to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
Company Ethos / Statement of Intent
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We are excited to be developing Crayta - an original, accessible, and collaborative game-making ecosystem. Having successfully launched in mid-2020 exclusively on Google Stadia, we are now looking for a community manager/marketing assistant to join our team as we prepare to expand the game and its audience in 2021 and beyond.
First and foremost, you’ll be a great communicator - you’ll be helping us to craft and share our message across a variety of owned channels, and helping to build and support our community of players.
You’ll be very comfortable on social media and have an understanding (as well as hands-on experience) of how businesses and brands run effective and engaging campaigns through these channels. You’ll know how to adapt your tone of voice to fit different audiences, and you’ll be able to confidently moderate and manage conversations with a variety of personality types.
Importantly, you’ll be enthusiastic about games and gamers - Crayta is all about empowering people to make and play original user generated content, and you’ll share (and want to amplify!) our community’s passion for doing just that.
You’ll be part of the Publishing Team (reporting to the Brand & Marketing Director), and you’ll be able to juggle the kind of variety of tasks that come from a busy community-led game. Attention to detail and strong organisational skills are essential, as is a curiosity and open-mindedness that allows you to experiment with different ways to engage and motivate users.
You’ll be responsible for the tracking and reporting of our social output, PR activity, marketing assets and other public-facing content, and you’ll be able to demonstrate an attention to detail in making sure that we have all the required under-the-hood settings in place to ensure that’s possible.
You probably also have some graphic design or creative skills that would allow you to get involved with capturing screenshots, creating GIFs, or preparing other basic marketing assets.
- Create, configure and schedule varied social content to support our marketing and community campaigns
- Track owned channel metrics and performance, including identifying and reporting on community sentiment
- Monitor and moderate community activity in all channels
- Monitor and report on press coverage
- Work closely with the publishing and community team to help plan marketing activity
- Maintain familiarity with the game as it evolves
- Opportunity to get involved in livestreams
- At least one year of professional experience in a marketing or community role
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised, thorough and self-motivated work ethic
- Good understanding of marketing and community management principles, preferably in games
- Knowledge of the games industry in general and how games are marketed across multiple channels
- Ability to use graphic design tools (eg Photoshop/Illustrator) to create supporting marketing materials for social media
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd. we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
Unit 2 Games is currently working largely remotely due to pandemic restrictions. The successful candidate will not be expected to work in the office while the current restrictions are still in place, and we are open to this role being permanently remote (with regular office visits) for the right candidate. Home working will be dependent on sufficient internet access but the company will provide all relevant equipment and software.
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio that creates experiences that are as accessible as possible to a wide variety of players and abilities. We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.
Salary - competitive and depends on experience
Unit 2 Games Ltd offers a generous package of benefits and an emphasis on a stable work/life balance.
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.