Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an award-winning, Facebook-owned games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to build Crayta - our dream to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
We've won GamesIndustry.biz's Best Places to Work Award for the last two years, and we'd love to welcome more people to the team.
Most of us are still working remotely because of the ongoing Covid pandemic, and we share Facebook's vision for a fully connected metaverse future where that becomes even easier and more common. In the meantime though, while we all help to shape that future, we'd prefer to see most people (especially less senior members of staff) in the office for at least some of the week, when it's safe to do so. However, we are still open to discussing long-term remote working for highly experienced candidates in senior positions.
We are looking for an Environment & Level Artist to create beautiful environments within Crayta (our game creation platform) that will inspire player engagement.
In this role you will be responsible for the structure and aesthetics of our platform’s Hub, building it directly within Crayta using existing assets as well as building any additional new assets which are required for it. You will be working alongside a Technical Designer as well as the rest of the Art Team.
- Create beautiful and compelling social and gameplay spaces within Crayta:
- Whitebox level walkthroughs to demonstrate and iterate
- Model and texture exemplary assets where required
- Build finished levels within Crayta itself using in-game assets
- Own realisation of your levels from inception to final dressing
- Balance level technical constraints with delivering beautiful aesthetics
- 3+ years professional experience in environment art
- A strong portfolio of environment work
- Good understanding of and an eye for lighting
- Highly proficient in the use of job relevant software e.g. Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer
- Previous experience in creating voxel-based environments
- Understanding of how level design and level structure influences player behaviour
- Interest in and understanding of a broad variety of game genres and styles
- Demonstrable experience with Crayta
- Experience working with UGC editors (eg Roblox) or Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working on Game as a Service titles
- Portfolio showing constructed scenes or vignettes, including consideration of lighting
Salary & Benefits
Unit 2 Games is part of the Facebook family so all our employees enjoy a market-leading salary, stock and benefits package. This includes a range of health & wellbeing, family and financial benefits, as well as access to the Life@ Club which enables meaningful connections with Facebook staff around the globe.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great experiences that people love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our community
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.