Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an indie developer founded by passionate and highly-driven industry veterans, and located in Leamington Spa, UK.
We are excited to be bringing Crayta to the world - an original, accessible, and collaborative game-making ecosystem, using Unreal Engine 4 and currently available exclusively on Google Stadia. Having successfully launched earlier this year, we are looking for an experienced video artist to join our team as we prepare to expand the game and its audience in 2021 and beyond.
You will be a creative and accomplished video artist, able to create high quality trailers and other videos for marketing Crayta, both internally and externally. You’ll be comfortable with, and enthusiastic about, games - and be able to stage and capture compelling footage from within any of our community-created titles.
You will be part of the Live Team (reporting to the Brand & Marketing Director), and will be responsible for all stages of the creation process, from inception to completion. These include our main launch and season trailers, regular highlights videos, interviews, livestream edits, tutorials and business development demos.
Although you will be supported by the art team, you will also have a keen artistic eye (and ideally good graphic design skills), so that you’re able to craft and communicate a strong vision for each video, as well as potentially create other simple marketing assets, including screenshots and logos for in-game seasons and events.
Your understanding of the varied video output requirements for common social media platforms will also be highly beneficial, complete with an ability to adjust your creative ideas to make the most of each one.
Company Ethos / Statement of Intent
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We are looking for an Experienced Video Artist to:
- Own and coordinate the video production pipeline
- Able to canvas opinions from various stakeholders, and work with the live team to storyboard, coordinate the capturing of footage within Crayta, and editing/archiving the videos
- Strong self-drive, an enthusiasm for trying new ideas, and keen to continually improve the quality of your output
- Use our User Generated Content game to independently create and capture footage
- Create video marketing content including behind-the-scenes videos, game and event trailers, 3rd party marketing assets, and video content for social media channels
- Assist with the production of other marketing and community assets (eg images)
- Collaborate with audio team to ensure all videos have high fidelity sound and music
- 3+ years professional experience in a video production role
- A portfolio demonstrating a track record of capturing and editing video game footage
- Ability to produce visual storyboards to communicate video plans
- Knowledge of the games industry and how games are marketed across multiple channels
- Proficient with industry-standard video editing software (eg Adobe Premiere), vector art packages (eg Adobe Illustrator), and motion graphics (eg Adobe After Effects)
- An understanding of using shot composition effectively and story to communicate ideas through video
- Understanding of marketing and community management
- Experience capturing and editing real-world footage
- Graphic design experience in a professional role
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective artistic skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio that creates experiences that are as accessible as possible to a wide variety of players and abilities. We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.
Salary - competitive and depends on experience
Unit 2 Games Ltd offers a generous package of benefits and an emphasis on a stable work/life balance.
Unit 2 Games is currently working largely remotely due to pandemic restrictions. The successful candidate will not be expected to work in the office while the current restrictions are still in place, and we are open to this role being permanently remote (with regular office visits) for the right candidate. Home working will be dependent on sufficient internet access - the company will provide all relevant equipment and software.
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.