Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an indie developer founded by passionate and highly-driven industry veterans, and located in Leamington Spa, UK. We are excited to be building Crayta - an original, accessible, and collaborative game-making ecosystem, using Unreal Engine 4.
Company Ethos / Statement of Intent
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We are looking for a Programmer with a passion for games and some relevant industry experience, to join our outstanding team in Leamington Spa, UK. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as is a solid foundation in C++ and a willingness to learn.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work alongside a team of industry veterans on a new IP.
- Work with the technical team to design and own systems in a multiplayer environment using C++ within Unreal Engine 4, on a new platform.
- Drive improvements throughout the codebase alongside the rest of the technical team.
- Support the Content team developing scripts using Lua.
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude.
- Good C++ programming skills, comfortable coding and debugging systems.
- Ability to write, modify and maintain Unreal Engine compliant C++ and game architecture systems.
- Familiarity with version control, continuous integration, bug tracking and code review systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of mixed disciplines, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and implement algorithms to specification.
- Solid foundation in maths, particularly 3D geometry.
- Basic understanding of scripting languages (e.g. Lua/Python).
- Track record of debugging, performance analysis and optimisation in games development.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience applying Automated Testing with Unit and Integration tests.
- Familiarity with Mobile and Console platforms.
- Familiarity with the constraints of developing networked games.
- Experience developing Games As A Service.
- Project experience using C# or Python to build or maintain tools.
- Familiarity with building or updating mods for released games.
- Familiarity with UGC games (e.g. Roblox, Dreams, Garry’s Mod).
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio. We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.
Salary - competitive and depends on experience
Unit 2 Games Ltd. offers a generous package of benefits and an emphasis on a stable work/life balance.
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.