Unit 2 Games is a 30+ person independent games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK.
We were formed in 2017 to create Crayta - our dream is to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
Our core values help us focus on what’s important within our team, to our players, and about the projects that we work on:
- Create great experiences that players love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio that creates experiences that are as accessible as possible to a wide variety of players and abilities.
We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.
In addition to your statutory employment rights to annual leave and a pension, we also offer the following benefits (click to expand for more details):
- Flexible working hours
- Our core hours are 9:30-12:00 and 14:00-16:00 Monday to Friday, you can work the rest of your contracted hours around these as you choose.
- Relocation allowance & assistance
- Depending on where you are moving from, we are often able to help with removal costs and finding a place to live nearby.
- Interest free loans from the company
- We understand that sometimes life hits you with unexpected expenses, and we don’t want you getting stressed out over it. We’re able to lend small amounts interest-free to help tide you over.
- Paid overtime
- We don’t do a lot of overtime as a company, but we value your time so work done outside core hours will always be compensated.
- Private health cover
- We currently use Vitality as our healthcare provider.
- Standing desks and gym/health club contributions
- We provide a £40 a month healthy living allowance which can be used for exercise classes, health club membership, gym equipment etc., and also provide standing desks to those who want them.
- Life Assurance Scheme
- If you die, a lump sum death benefit multiple of your basic annual salary will be paid to your nominated beneficiaries.
- Critical Illness and Income Protection Schemes
- If you are diagnosed with a Critical Illness, you will receive a lump sum payment, which is a multiple of your basic annual salary. After a period of 13 weeks absence, you become eligible to receive 75% of basic pay (less any state benefit).
- Subsidised Training
- We want to encourage and help you with your continuous professional development, and will consider giving you financial assistance for training to broaden your skill-set in areas relevant to your job, and sometimes in other areas too.
- Digital Allowance
- We are first and foremost a games company, so everyone in the company receives an extra £30 per month (via payroll) to help them pay towards home broadband, mobile phone cost and games purchases.
We know that our strength as a company lies in our staff, so we want to make work a fun place to be!
Here are just a few of the things we do as a company:
- Kitchen fully stocked with free food
- Regular team lunches
- Company-funded pub trips for milestone ends (or just because it's sunny!)
- We are proud to support SpecialEffect, regularly taking part in their fundraising activities
- Barbecues in the local park
In addition, there are plenty of lunchtime social activities organised by staff, including board games, a table tennis league and a running club.