Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is a 30+ person independent games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to create Crayta - our dream is to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
Company Ethos / Statement of Intent
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We are looking for a Senior Character Artist who is after an exciting new creative challenge. An artist who can make concept art come to life and create aspirational, inspiring characters for an exceptional new project.
- Model and texture high quality character models.
- Translate and develop concept art into further characterisations
- Prototype our character style to effectively achieve the visual goals to the quality required.
- Work with the team to create a pipeline from asset creation to game.
- Collaborate with the Programming & Art team to find technical solutions for in game character customisation.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
- Understand the audience and core goals and game ethos.
- 5+ years of experience making character art for games.
- Proven experience implementing game characters.
- Highly proficient in the use of job relevant software e.g. ZBrush, Maya and Photoshop.
- A strong portfolio of character work.
- Excellence in sculpting, modelling, texturing, surfacing, rigging, skinning and lighting to the defined quality and specifications.
- Exhibit a strong understanding of anatomy, excellent organic modelling skills and model deformation.
- Strong texturing ability and understanding of materials.
- UE4 experience.
- Substance Designer/Painter experience.
- Experience with Face FX or similar.
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective artistic skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio that creates experiences that are as accessible as possible to a wide variety of players and abilities. We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.
Salary - competitive and depends on experience
Unit 2 Games Ltd offers a generous package of benefits and an emphasis on a stable work/life balance.
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.