Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an indie developer founded by passionate and highly-driven industry specialists. Our 40+ studio is located in Leamington Spa, UK. We are proud to have been awarded GI.biz ‘Best Places to Work Award’ 2020 and 2021 consecutively.
So who are we? We are excited to have released Crayta - an original, accessible, and collaborative game-making ecosystem. Our goal is to iterate, improve and grow this game as a service for years to come.
We are looking for a Senior Economy Designer to design and implement Crayta’s metagame.
In this role you will be responsible for all areas of Crayta’s economy, from progression and engagement through to monetisation.
- Design, prove and successfully execute economy offers from player data, including:
- In-game cosmetics store
- Battle pass
- Short-term events
- Additional metagame mechanic design ideas and proposals
- Collaborate with the management team to determine the correct metrics for player engagement and monetisation
- Work closely with the BI team to ensure the necessary data is readily available, and to iterate on designs and offers based on that real player data to achieve targeted improvements in agreed metrics
- Alongside the management team, ensure content production meets player desires and expectations
- At least 5 years experience as an Economy Designer (or similar role)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of player motivations and behavioural economics
- Collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially across disciplines
- Working knowledge of trends in games and monetisation, especially in the multiplayer social space
- Experience working on Game as a Service titles
- Demonstrable experience with Crayta
- Experience designing economies on at least one shipped title from start to finish
- Experience with Creator economies
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective artistic skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
Salary & Benefits
We strive to offer highly competitive salaries which are negotiable and dependant on experience, as well as a generous package of benefits, relocation assistance and a strong emphasis on a stable work/life balance. Our staff also benefit from a free fully stocked studio kitchen, regular social activities, a fantastic onsite games room, digital allowance and gym membership, as well as other various company medical and insurance benefits to name a few!
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.