Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is a ~30 person well-funded startup, founded by industry veterans and located in Leamington Spa. We are currently working on Crayta - an exciting, own-IP project, using the Unreal Engine.
Company Ethos / Statement of Intent
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We are looking for a Senior Programmer with a passion for games, to join our outstanding team in Leamington Spa, UK. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as is a proven track record applying C++ to games.
- Work with the technical team to design and own systems in a multiplayer environment using C++ within Unreal Engine 4, initially on PC.
- Drive improvements throughout the codebase alongside the rest of the technical team.
- A passion for Unreal Engine compliant C++ and game architecture systems.
- Proven track record of debugging, performance analysis and optimisation in games development.
- Familiarity with version control, continuous integration, bug tracking and code review systems.
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of mixed disciplines, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and implement algorithms to specification.
- Solid foundation in maths, particularly 3D geometry.
- Flexible individual able to impact and build consensus across interdisciplinary areas of a project.
- Experience with graphics programming
- Enthusiasm for working with rendering systems.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4.
- Familiarity with Mobile and Console platforms.
- Experience applying Automated Testing with Unit and Integration tests.
- Familiarity with the constraints of developing networked games.
- Experience developing Games As A Service.
- Basic understanding of scripting languages (e.g. Python/Lua).
- Familiarity with UGC games (e.g. Roblox, Dreams, Garry’s Mod).
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd. we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio. We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.
Salary - Competitive and D.O.E
Unit 2 Games Ltd. offers a generous package of benefits and an emphasis on a stable work/life balance.
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.