Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is a well-funded indie developer, founded by passionate and highly-driven industry veterans, and located in Leamington Spa, UK. We are excited to be building an original, accessible, and collaborative game-making ecosystem, using Unreal Engine 4.
Company Ethos / Statement of Intent
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist who is after an exciting new creative and technical challenge with increased freedom and responsibilities using the latest development tools. Work with our hugely talented and experienced team in approaching the unique challenges involved in developing a game platform.
- Create high quality material prototypes that meet performance restrictions of the target platform.
- Working collaboratively between the art & programmer disciplines to overcome technical challenges.
- Understand a wide range of relevant and contemporary visual styles and techniques employed within game genres, game platforms and player expectations.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with all members of the team and studio, regardless of discipline or seniority.
- Understand the audience and core goals and game ethos.
- Highly proficient in automating processes with scripting, particularly using Python.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 or similar commercial engines.
- Excellent knowledge in all areas of asset production and the process of taking an asset from conception to fruition.
- Solid understanding of colour theory, surface, form, scene composition, and lighting; and an appreciation of game level design.
- Good knowledge of Maya based tools and pipeline development.
- Experience with creating graphs in Substance Designer.
- Experience with C# and/or C++ programming languages.
- Experience of working on mobile platforms.
- Experience working with memory/performance tools such as Renderdoc.
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd. we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’. Respective skills are paramount and to be considered for this role demonstrable and relevant skills and ability will be expected and sought.
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio. We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.
Salary - Competitive and D.O.E
Unit 2 Games Ltd. offers a generous package of benefits and an emphasis on a stable work/life balance.
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.