Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is a 30+ person independent games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to create Crayta - our dream is to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
Company Ethos / Statement of Intent
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great games (measured by player enjoyment)
- Act ethically
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first (e.g. people over process)
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our players
- Have fun!
We are looking for a video artist to create assets for marketing Crayta both internally and externally as part of the Live Team.
In this role you will be responsible for designing and scripting videos to a brief, then capturing and editing footage to a high quality. In addition to video, there may also be a limited amount of graphic design and screenshot work required.
You will be supported by the Art Team, but we are specifically looking for someone with a keen artistic eye for this role.
- Use our User Generated Content game to independently create and capture footage
- Create video marketing content including behind-the-scenes videos, game and event trailers, 3rd party marketing assets, and video content for social media channels
- Own and coordinate the video production pipeline
- Assist with the production of other marketing and community assets (eg images)
- Collaborate with audio team to ensure all videos have high fidelity sound and music
- A portfolio demonstrating a track record of capturing and editing video game footage
- Knowledge of the games industry and how games are marketed across multiple channels
- Proficient with industry-standard video editing software (eg Adobe Premiere), vector art packages (eg Adobe Illustrator), and motion graphics (eg Adobe After Effects)
- An understanding of using shot composition effectively and story to communicate ideas through video
- Understanding of marketing and community management
- Ability to rapidly-produce visual storyboards to communicate video plans
- Experience capturing and editing real-world footage
- 3+ years professional experience in a video production role
In terms of formal qualifications, it is agreed that levels of attainment should not be set. At Unit 2 Games Ltd we adopt an approach that relevant higher qualifications are ‘preferred’ as opposed to ‘required’.
We aim to build an inclusive and diverse development studio that creates experiences that are as accessible as possible to a wide variety of players and abilities. We therefore strongly encourage applicants from backgrounds that aren’t always well-represented within the industry.
Salary - competitive and depends on experience
Unit 2 Games Ltd offers a generous package of benefits and an emphasis on a stable work/life balance.
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.