Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an award-winning, Facebook-owned games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to build Crayta - our dream to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
We've won GamesIndustry.biz's Best Places to Work Award for the last two years, and we'd love to welcome more people to the team.
Most of us are still working remotely because of the ongoing Covid pandemic, and we share Facebook's vision for a fully connected metaverse future where that becomes even easier and more common. In the meantime though, while we all help to shape that future, we'd prefer to see most people (especially less senior members of staff) in the office for at least some of the week, when it's safe to do so. However, we are still open to discussing long-term remote working for highly experienced candidates in senior positions.
We are looking for talented and experienced Web Developers to join our outstanding team based in and around Leamington Spa, UK. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as is a proven track record in the required technologies. You will be working on Crayta, our game-making platform.
- Design, develop, and maintain features on the Crayta website
- Collaborate with UX and Art teams to design and style various internal and external websites, and to ensure a consistent and cohesive user experience
- Build strong working relationships across the studio
- Supply content to the sites provided by the game publishing team
- Implement API calls to backend systems
- Maintain the technical parts of the website e.g. Authentication
- Write automated tests
- Help with changes to hosted web technologies, e.g. forum sites
- Ensure all sites are fully compliant with international law and that third party library licenses are compatible with company guidelines
- Support the use of web technologies used within the game
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised, self motivated and creative
- React (>16.8) Single Page Application (SPA).
- Styling - e.g. CSS & SASS.
- Layout frameworks, e.g. Bootstrap, Material UI.
- Asynchronous calls to JSON endpoints
- Automated testing tools
- Awareness of CI/CD pipelines
- UI prototyping tools e.g. Figma
- Hands-on experience with Crayta
- Enthusiasm for UGC games
Salary & Benefits
Unit 2 Games is part of the Facebook family so all our employees enjoy a market-leading salary, stock and benefits package. This includes a range of health & wellbeing, family and financial benefits, as well as access to the Life@ Club which enables meaningful connections with Facebook staff around the globe.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great experiences that people love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our community
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.