Unit 2 Games
Unit 2 Games is an award-winning, Facebook-owned games studio based in Leamington Spa, UK. We were formed in 2017 to build Crayta - our dream to make game creation accessible to anyone and everyone.
We've won GamesIndustry.biz's Best Places to Work Award for the last two years, and we'd love to welcome more people to the team.
Most of us are still working remotely because of the ongoing Covid pandemic, and we share Facebook's vision for a fully connected metaverse future where that becomes even easier and more common. In the meantime though, while we all help to shape that future, we'd prefer to see most people (especially less senior members of staff) in the office for at least some of the week, when it's safe to do so. However, we are still open to discussing long-term remote working for highly experienced candidates in senior positions.
We are looking for talented and experienced Software Engineers to join our outstanding team based in and around Leamington Spa, UK. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as is a proven track record in the required technologies. You will be working on Crayta, our game-making platform.
- Maintain and extend the Crayta game instance scaling system
- Build high quality systems that operate at a global scale
- Gain knowledge of all parts of the existing system
- Full life-cycle development, from requirements to live debugging
- Technical designs for new systems and changes to existing systems
- Assist the game development team debugging day to day issues
- Contribute to architectural design of the overall system
- Ensure third party libraries licenses are compatible with company guidelines
- Make collaborative working relationships across the studio
- Running scaling and performance testing
- Excellent Golang development experience
- Excellent Java development experience
- Knowledge of high performance, low latency systems
- Knowledge of building large scale systems supporting many concurrent users
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- AWS (or GCP)
- Design patterns
- CI/CD build systems
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Asynchronous messaging systems
- DevOps practices
- CI/CD build pipelines
- Automated testing tools
- Hands-on experience with Crayta
- Enthusiasm for UGC games
Salary & Benefits
Unit 2 Games is part of the Facebook family so all our employees enjoy a market-leading salary, stock and benefits package. This includes a range of health & wellbeing, family and financial benefits, as well as access to the Life@ Club which enables meaningful connections with Facebook staff around the globe.
Here is our list of company goals, they help us focus on what’s important to us when it comes to making decisions:
- Create great experiences that people love
- Act ethically to all and at all times
- Make a positive difference
- Put people first, not process
- Communicate honestly and openly
- Empower and support one another and our community
- Have fun!
To apply please email Careers [at] Unit2Games.com. Please note, you must have the right to work within the UK for us to be able to move forwards with your application.